Thursday, September 29, 2011

Tasha Smith

Tasha Smith (born February 28, 1971) is an American actress. She has appeared in numerous movies and plays.

Smith is known for her role in Daddy's Little Girls, a Tyler Perry-directed movie, where she played the villain Jennifer. She next starred in Perry's Why Did I Get Married? alongside Janet Jackson and Jill Scott.
Smith has appeared on America's Next Top Model as an acting coach and helping the models with different scenes. Smith also has her own acting workshop, Tasha Smith's Acting Workshop, in which she helps and coaches many aspiring actors.

Smith was born in Camden, New Jersey, and was raised by a single mother. She has a twin sister named Sidra Smith.
In an interview with Essence magazine, Smith stated that she was once a heavy drug abuser. Smith said, "I used to do drugs every day. I used between the ages of 19 and 25." She confessed to having smoked "two packs of cigarettes a day", to having "[marijuana] every day" and to "[using] cocaine three times a week". She attributed her victory over drugs to "the grace of God".

Smith is a Christian now and was previously an atheist. In an interview with EURweb.com, Smith discussed her conversion from atheism to Christianity. "When I was 25 I had an encounter with God because my father had gotten sick. I had a time where I really challenged God, like, if you're really God you'll show me such-and-such'. I was going through this whole thing where I questioned whether God was real or not. I really needed God to be real because I was feeling so depressed and so unhappy, I felt like if there isn't a God [then] I have no reason to live. It was just a bad time in my life and God really showed up and met me where I was."









No comments:

Post a Comment